Saturday, May 30, 2015

La vie est belle... in Denmark?

While wandering around Aarhus this evening, at first I thought I was missing France so much that I was seeing things. Then I realized that the Danes, enthusiastic flag wavers that they are, have not restricted their fondness for flags to their own nation's colors. I am pretty sure that I spotted more French flags/French-flag-themed deco in one afternoon in Aarhus (Denmark) than I saw in the past six years in Paris (the capital of France). If only I understood their language enough to understand what the Danes are up to...
Bienvenue au Danemark!
Whatever this "Latiner Festival" was about, I can only assume it was some sort of celebration of the victorious homecoming of their recent steal from the French, yours truly.
Bonus shot: double rainbows in Aarhus on my first weekend in town

No comments:

Post a Comment