I have a confession to make: Paris isn't the only place for me in France. In fact, there is another town with which I've been in love for the past 4+ years: Beaune. Nestled in the heart of the Burgundy wine country, this picturesque medieval town is the perfect weekend escape from Paris, and the epitome of a travel show special on touring the French countryside. You have your Saturday morning farmer's market, your cobblestone streets, the centuries-old architecture, and of course, the bike paths through the vineyards connecting village to village in the neighboring countryside. The only thing more you need is an eccentric wine expert who knows you by name and will gladly teach you all about this year's produce (tasting included) while intermittently insulting you and your false immpressions that your home country may also produce "drinkable" wine. Oh, right, Beaune has that, too.
This time, I sold Nicolas, my MIT-Paris friend Samuel, his brother Mitchell, and his friend Reid on the town. Not that it was a hard sell.

No comments:
Post a Comment